Tuesday 28 May 2013

We Could Make It

You entered the winter of my life with the gush of a warm breeze. You brought spring in the dead cold, and you freed me of my deserted being. You were the shining star of a moonless night, my warmth in the dreary sights. You were the stream of cold water to quench my thirst of contentment. You were the soft soothing blanket I would curl into when the world outside was too much for me to bear.
I was your strangely found soul mate. Your rescue in times of daunted nightmares. I think I was the twinkling spark in your eyes that I could always see. The smile on your lips, I thought it was always me. I thought our souls were bonded with togetherness of hope, of illuminating our darkest fears. I know we were imperfect people, with a set of flaws but stitched together with kindness and dreams together to be followed. But our bonded souls and colorful lives fell apart like splintered pieces of glass.
Your life seems to have found its sunshine back, while mine just got lost in the darkness, of uncertainty, helplessness, in the fears of insecurity and wrongness.
Without you, I’m without feeling. Without determination, without vision. Without my conscious of being alive. Without you, I’m a lifeless being, who’s soul doesn’t live, only exists in a body with no love.
Now I long for the green meadows, I paint my imaginations with our images, with the sky reaching down to us, the rainbow above our heads, we stand across the sprinkling watered lake with the cold breeze brushing against our blushed freckled cheeks. You and I. holding each other for eternity and letting ourselves find each other all over again.
So long, so far. But you still reside in my memories. My words are not as polished as the words of others are but I keep writing for you. Hoping that someday they would touch you.
We were not in love, but we were close to it. We were not really there, but we could make it.

Image from Movie: What dreams may come.
Image from Movie: What dreams may come

No comments:

Post a Comment